From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Multiple Keyspaces and memtables
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 02:51:44 GMT
Am playing with the dynamic schema features of 0.7 and thinking about the impact of more keyspaces.
Memtable settings are per CF, and so per Keyspace - so adding more keyspaces increases the
amount of memory needed for memtables on the node.

There are also some new features in the config for multi tenant installs. Which seems to support
using more keyspaces.

So my (rambling) question is: Are there any other features to support managing memory in
a cluster with many keyspaces? Am I right in thinking that for every keyspace every node needs
to support at least ((num CF) * memtable_throughoput_in_mb) * 2 ?

Is anyone out there running more than a couple of keyspaces in a single cluster?

Cheers
Aaron