From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Can I retrieve specific key range from a table in RandomPartitioner?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:03:13 GMT
Try setting the end key to an empty string, and then set the number of rows to something sane
and make multiple calls if needed. Or you may be able to make your own secondary index another
CF, so you do two reads: one on the secondary index then one of the rows you want.

There has been some discussion about range slices with RP recently that may be helpful see http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg05017.html

Aaron