From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Repair help
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:53:00 GMT
  I have a 2 node cluster  (testing the waters) w/ a replication factor
of 2. One node got completed screwed up (see any of my previous messages
from today) so I deleted the commit log and data directory. I restarted
the node and rain nodetool repair as describe in
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations. I waited for over an hour
and checked my ring only to find that nothing was repaired/replicated???
I only have a mere 7gigs of data so I would have thought this would have
been fairly quick?

Address         Status State   Load            Token

129447565151094499156612104441060791022
x.x.x.x   Up     Normal  7.31 GB
12949228055906550350782255148181029323
x.x.x.x   Up     Normal  30.01 MB
129447565151094499156612104441060791022

I tried the alternative method of manually removing the token and then
bootstrapping however when I tried to remove the token via nodetool
removetoken an IllegalStateException was thrown... "replication factor
(2) exceeds number of endpoints (1)"

What should I do in this situation to get my node back up to where it
should be? Is there anywhere I can check that the repair is actually
running?

Thanks for any suggestions

ps I'm using 0.7.0 beta 1