From Andres March <ama...@qualcomm.com>
Subject TTransportException intermittently in 0.7
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:46:03 GMT
  We are testing bulk data loads using thrift.  About 5% of operations
are failing on the following exception.  It appears that it is not
getting any response (end of file) on the batch mutate response.  I'll
try to create a test case to demonstrate the behavior.

Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
     at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
     at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
     at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.readFrame(TFramedTransport.java:129)
     at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.read(TFramedTransport.java:101)
     at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
     at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(TBinaryProtocol.java:369)
     at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(TBinaryProtocol.java:295)
     at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:202)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_batch_mutate(Cassandra.java:905)
     at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.batch_mutate(Cassandra.java:889)

This is using a 0.7 SNAPSHOT built last friday with a framed transport.
--
*Andres March*
amarch@qualcomm.com <mailto:amarch@qualcomm.com>