From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject TimeUUID vs Epoch
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:32:32 GMT
I'm a little confused on when I should be using TimeUUID vs Epoch/Long
when I want columns ordered by time. I know it sounds strange and the
obvious choice should be TimeUUID but I'm not sure why that would be
preferred over just using the Epoch stamp?

The pretty much seem to accomplish the same thing however when using
Epoch I can easily use a start/end range for querying across times. Can
this be accomplished using TimeUUID?

Would someone also explain how TimeUUID is actually sorted? Im confused
on how its actually compared. Thanks!