From Ken Matsumoto <...@nri.com>
Subject Lost data which succeeded to insert right before server was down
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 23:10:38 GMT
Hi all,

I'm now checking reliability when inserting.

I set one cluster of 3 nodes with replication factor 2 and
OrderPreservingPartitioner.
I insert data (A,B,C in this order) with consistency level ONE to node No.3.
I immediately shut off (turn off N/W I/F)node No.3 right after inserting
data A (i.e. on the way of inserting B) is done so that data B would fail.

Of course I get no result when I throw GET the data B to node No.1 & No.2
But, surprisingly , I get even no result when I throw GET the data A
(Not B) to node No.1 & No.2.
So I turn up node No.3. I check that the commit log has the entry of the
insert data A.
But I get no result as well when I throw GET the data to all node, even
to No.3.

Same result after "nodetool repair".Even commitlog has the insert entry
of data A.
The data A on the commit log hasn't been copied to memtable since then.

Is that working correctly?

Regards,

Ken.

--
Ken Matsumoto
VP / Research & Development

PLEASE READ´╝ÜThis e-mail is confidential and intended for the named
recipient only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete this e-mail.