From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Post on experiences with Cassandra for Twitter retweet analysis
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:55:38 GMT
On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 11:29 +0200, Mikio Braun wrote:
> So far, we're very pleased with Cassandra performance, but we've also
> had to overcome some issues on which I report in the blog and which
> are hopefully interesting for other users of Cassandra.
>
> The blog post can be found here:
>
> http://blog.mikiobraun.de/2010/08/-cassandra-tips.html

Thanks, this is a nice write up.

I am curious though about the troubles you had using wide rows.  As a
rule, several hundred thousand columns in a row should not be a problem.
In fact, this runs contrary to the advice usually given since this
should be the fastest/most efficient way to retrieve a dataset of that
size.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com