From Thorvaldsson Justus <justus.thorvalds...@svenskaspel.se>
Subject SV: Replication factor and other schema changes in >= 0.7
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:07:31 GMT
KsDef
CfDef   <-has metadata
And perhaps ColumnDef

----how to make a ksdef---
KsDef k = new KsDef();
k.setName(keyspacename);
k.setReplication_factor(replicafactor);
k.setStrategy_class("org.apache.cassandra.locator.RackUnawareStrategy");
List<CfDef> cfDefs = new ArrayList<CfDef>();
k.setCf_defs(cfDefs);
c.system_add_keyspace(k);

/Justus
www.justus.st

Från: Andres March [mailto:amarch@qualcomm.com]
Skickat: den 20 augusti 2010 01:01
Till: user@cassandra.apache.org
Ämne: Replication factor and other schema changes in >= 0.7

How should we go about changing the replication factor and other keyspace settings now that
it and other KSMetaData are no longer managed in cassandra.yaml?

I found makeDefinitionMutation() in the Migration class and see that it is called for the
other schema migrations.  There just seems to be a big gap in the management API for the KSMetaData
we might want to change.
--
Andres March
amarch@qualcomm.com<mailto:amarch@qualcomm.com>