From Thorvaldsson Justus <justus.thorvalds...@svenskaspel.se>
Subject SV: The entry of Cassandra
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:51:43 GMT
Well it depends on what you need and want. I didn't mean the round robin thing because that
part is really not very hard to make or understand. Hector uses a smart one that tries to
connect to other servers if it timeout and other things. But with Hector as a whole I think
you get so much features it is hard to understand how it works, so I prefer using the thrift
API myself and learn as I go on and then I don't need any high level API anymore.
/J

Från: Ying Tang [mailto:ivytang0812@gmail.com]
Skickat: den 16 augusti 2010 14:39
Till: user@cassandra.apache.org
Ämne: Re: The entry of Cassandra

You mean list a few hosts and connect them in a round robin , like Tavory said?
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Thorvaldsson Justus <justus.thorvaldsson@svenskaspel.se<mailto:justus.thorvaldsson@svenskaspel.se>>
wrote:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientOptions

but I prefer writing my own code, trying to write something simple API working with 0.7.0beta1
amt though am I the only one that thinks NOT using clients like hector is simpler (in a way,
to feel in control at least)?