From Zhong Li <...@voxeo.com>
Subject Re: How to migrate any relational database to Cassandra
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 02:32:36 GMT
Here is just my personal experiences.

I recently use Cassandra to implement a system cross 5 datacenters.
Because it is impossible to do it in SQL Database at low cost,
Cassandra helps.

Cassandra is all about indexing, there is no relationship naturally,
you have to use indexing to keep all relationships. This is fine,
because you can add new index when you want.

The big pain is the token. Only one token you can choose for a node,
all system have to adopt same rule to create index. It is huge huge
pain.

If Cassandra can implement token at CF level, it is much nature and
easy for us to implement a system.

Best,

Zhong