hmm... I'm really confused.
The http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/API document mentioned that if write ConsistencyLevel=ANY that "Ensure the write has been written to at least 1 node, including hinted recipients.", I couldn't imagine this case. :(

If I have A,B,C and D nodes(RF=1), and write ConsistencyLevel=ANY, so A coordinator node sends a write request to another node(e.g. B node), but B node is down during write operation, what happend? return failure message to client immediately? or write a hint to another node(e.g. C node) and return success message to client? or could anyone can give me a real case?

Thanks.

Shen

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
No, it means that HH writes don't count towards meeting the requested
ConsistencyLevel.