Hi, all,
(Jonathan Ellis, Jonathan Shook, Aaron Morton)

Thanks for the confirmation.

JonE, the "update" wording has been added to wiki page w.r.t. to insert and mutation API.

Regards,
Alex Yiu

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Alex Yiu <bigcontentflow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Say, I have a row that has 3 columns already: colA, colB and colC
> And, if two *concurrent* clients perform a different insert(...) into the
> same row,
> one insert is for colD and the other insert is for colE.
> Then, Cassandra would guarantee both columns will be added to the same row.
> Is that correct?

Yes.

> That is, insert(...) of a column does NOT involving reading and rewriting
> other existing columns of the same row?

Right.

> If that is the case, I guess we should change the wording from "insert" to
> "insert or update" in the wiki doc

That would be a good change.  (Click "Login" to create an account.)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra