From Daniel Bernstein <dbernst...@archive.org>
Subject NoServer Available
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:26:50 GMT
I've set up a 2 node cluster and I'm trying to connect using pycassa.

My thrift address is set to the default:  localhost:9160

I've verified that the port is open and I'm able to connect to it via
telnet.

My keyspace "Ananda" is defined as is the column family "URL" in storage.xml

Running the following commands locally, I get this:

>>> client = pycassa.connect("Ananda", ['127.0.0.1:9160'],timeout=3.5)
>>> cf = pycassa.ColumnFamily(client, "URL")
>>> cf.insert("foo", {"bar":"value"})
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "pycassa/columnfamily.py", line 332, in insert
    self._wcl(write_consistency_level))
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 164, in _client_call
    conn = self._ensure_connection()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 175, in _ensure_connection
    conn = self.connect()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 193, in connect
    return self.connect()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 186, in connect
    server = self._servers.get()
  File "pycassa/connection.py", line 136, in get
    raise NoServerAvailable()
pycassa.connection.NoServerAvailable

NB: When I try to connect without any timeout, it just hangs.
When I shutdown cassandra, it fails immediately (rather than failing in 3.5
seconds when I use a timeout).

Any help would be much appreciated.

--Daniel