From Mubarak Seyed <mubarak.se...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StorageProxy.mutate
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:29:36 GMT
I was using single node and was running ClientOnlyExample from the same
machines, heard from word_count README that
i can use its storage-conf.xml to alias localhost to 127.0.0.2 and
ListenAddress can be 127.0.0.2 and seed can be 127.0.0.1.

Looks like ClientOnlyExample starts itself up as Read-Only node and hence
can't write, is it true? I tried starting node from
bin/cassandra (it did with bind to Thrift Address 127.0.0.2:9160) but
ClientOnlyExample errors out as

BindException as port already in use. Is there any documented procedure to
start the ClientOnlyExample as Read-Only node and write/read the data.
The README of word_count says about how-to create lo2 (127.0.0.2) with the
ListenAddress and ThriftAddress.

I tried with contrib/word_count/storage-conf.xml but no luck.

Can someone please help me running the ClientOnlyExample using ReadOnlyNode
and 127.0.0.2 alias?

Thanks,
Mubarak

--