From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StorageProxy.mutate
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:19:52 GMT
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Mubarak Seyed <mubarak.seyed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like ClientOnlyExample starts itself up as Read-Only node and hence
> can't write, is it true?

Yes, as the name implies.

> I tried starting node from
> bin/cassandra (it did with bind to Thrift Address 127.0.0.2:9160) but
> ClientOnlyExample errors out as
> BindException as port already in use.

Start them on different IPs.

> The README of word_count says about how-to create lo2 (127.0.0.2) with the
> ListenAddress and ThriftAddress.

Right.  Like that.

ClientOnlyExample is an example of using a fairly complex API that
ties into Cassandra internals very tightly.  It isn't as foolproof as
the Thrift API, and isn't intended to be.

This is why I tell most people who are struggling with binarymemtable,
"you should probably just be using Thrift."

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra