From Jorge Barrios <jo...@tapulous.com>
Subject Re: Too many open files [was Re: Minimizing the impact of compaction on latency and throughput]
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:51:39 GMT
Each of my top-level functions was allocating a Hector client connection at
the top, and releasing it when returning. The problem arose when a top-level
function had to call another top-level function, which led to the same
thread allocating two connections. Hector was not releasing one of them even
though I was explicitly requesting them to be released. This might have been
fixed since then, and like I said, I didn't dig into why it was happening. I
just made sure to pass along the connection instances as necessary and the
problem went away.