From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UnavailableException on QUORUM write
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:56:34 GMT
this sounds like a bug, although if you've attempted any node movement
or bootstrapping, that could cause the required quorum to be larger
than just the number of nodes.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Per Olesen <pol@trifork.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a bit confused about getting an UnavailableException when doing a QUORUM write.
>
> I have a 3 node cluster, with RF=3. When all 3 nodes are up, the QUORUM write succeeds.
When 1 of the 3 nodes are down, the QUORUM write fails with UnavailableException. Shouldn't
it be enough with 2 nodes up for RF=3? Won't N/2+1 be 2 in my case?

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra