From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException and Java client hang
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:05:49 GMT
> I am getting following exception:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.apply(Table.java:407)

Are you triggering this repeatedly without difficulty?

Can you run with the attached patch (indentation is messed up in the
patch though - sorry, no time to fix it now)? Hopefully it should emit
(at level error) in the log a message indication it failed to obtain a
column family store, followed by a list of all known column family
stores, prior to bailing with the same exception.

Is this happening on every node or just one? When did this start - did
it start right after a schema change (keyspace addition)?

(I'm just grasping at straws based on a cursory examination; I may be
barking up the wrong tree completely.)

--
/ Peter Schuller