From SSam <to_sam...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Horizontal Scalability
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:45:22 GMT
Thanks for reply

I am doing very simple test:
I am stressing my webapplication with grinder  testing tool.
Number of testing clients is 250, each client just creates/deletes a User
Object( max 500 bytes data).  So data is purely WRITE ( I hope Cassandra is
Write Optimized) .
I am running -0.6.3 version,  no errors  either on cassandra server logs or my
web application server logs.
I have JUST changed listing address and port from default storage-conf.xml
Here is ColumnFamily Defination.
<ColumnFamily Name="Users" CompareWith="UTF8Type"/>

Anyway I will do testing directly over cassandra bypassing web application. I
will update the forum with my testing results.

________________________________
From: Bill de hÓra <bill@dehora.net>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Mon, July 26, 2010 3:23:38 PM
Subject: Re: Cassandra Horizontal Scalability

Initially, try running stress.py against your servers. That will help
eliminate pelops as the issue.

Also, some more detail on your setup wouldn't hurt, 1300 anything a
second is low.

Is the TPS reads or writes, or a mix?

What's the column family structure?

Is the data large (eg are you writing binary files)?

How many client processes are you running?

What are the server configurations?

How much data are nodes carrying?

What does the output of ./nodetool cfstats say?

What version of cassandra are you running?

Are there errors in the server logs?

Bill