From Ken Matsumoto <...@nri.com>
Subject any better way to retrieve data than using get_range_slices
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:51:24 GMT
Hi all,

Are there any better way to retrieve data from Cassandra than using
get_range_slices?

Now I'm going to port some programs using MySQL to Cassandra. The
program query is like
below:
"select * from Table_A where date > 1/1/2008 and date < 12/31/2009 and
locationID = 1"
The result of the query will have over 1M records at a time.

In Cassandra, get_range_slices can only return 600 rows in our H/W
condition.
We have to iterate get_range_slices many times, but it takes a lot of
time in the lineary manner.

Is Cassandra not suitable for this kind of usage or not?

Best regards,

Ken.

--
Ken Matsumoto
VP / Research & Development

PLEASE READ´╝ÜThis e-mail is confidential and intended for the named
recipient only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete this e-mail.