From Ken Matsumoto <>
Subject any better way to retrieve data than using get_range_slices
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:51:24 GMT
Hi all,

Are there any better way to retrieve data from Cassandra than using

Now I'm going to port some programs using MySQL to Cassandra. The
program query is like
"select * from Table_A where date > 1/1/2008 and date < 12/31/2009 and
locationID = 1"
The result of the query will have over 1M records at a time.

In Cassandra, get_range_slices can only return 600 rows in our H/W
We have to iterate get_range_slices many times, but it takes a lot of
time in the lineary manner.

Is Cassandra not suitable for this kind of usage or not?

Best regards,

Ken Matsumoto
VP / Research & Development
Nomura Research Institute America, Inc.
NRI Pacific
1400 Fashion Island Blvd., Suite 1010
San Mateo, CA 94404, U.S.A.

PLEASE READ´╝ÜThis e-mail is confidential and intended for the named
recipient only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete this e-mail.

View raw message