From "Brent N. Chun" <...@nutanix.com>
Subject Re: Reading all rows in a column family in parallel
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:06:06 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

The code snippet below was from the repository. I mentioned 0.6.0
specifically just to confirm that reading a CF using token-based range
queries with the RandomPartitioner should (or shouldn't) also work in
that version. I've seen discussions about whether range queries are now
supported with the RandomPartitioner for example. Moreover, those
discussions mostly seem to involve key-based range queries, though, not
token-based range queries like CFRR uses. If you're saying that this
functionality essentially works for everyone but me in 0.6.0, then that
implies I have a bug in my code which would be great news for me. What
I'm essentially seeing is either all rows, all rows + duplicate rows, or
missing rows even when using a single node. Which of these I get is
entirely deterministic. If I delete all the data and insert the same
rows, the ranges returned by describe_ring changes but the end result of
reading the CF is then one of those three cases.

Thanks,
bnc