From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Date loading pattern with OrderPreservingPartiton
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:43:28 GMT
Yes the OPP will could give you a distribution like that.

Given that only two nodes have data, and they seem to have same amount of data. I wonder if
all your keys are falling into the key range of the last node? So with RF 2 they go to the
last and first node only.

As an experiment you could try running the nodetool loadbalance command against node 2 and
see how the distribution and tokens change. Then perhaps try against node 1.   http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations

You'll need to consider how your keys are distributed when using the OPP and set the tokens
to get the best distribution.

Aaron

On 30 Jul, 2010,at 05:09 AM, Rana Aich <aichrana@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are working with a Cassandra Cluster consisting 3 nodes with each having storage capacity
of 0.5 Terabytes.
> We are loading the data into the cluster with OrderPreservingPartition and with Replication
Factor 2.