From Arya Goudarzi <>
Subject java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:33:42 GMT
I just build today's trunk successfully and am getting the following exception on startup which
to me it seams bogus as the method exists but I don't know why:

ERROR 15:27:00,957 Exception encountered during startup.
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.ColumnFamilySerializer.serialize(
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationSerializer.freezeTheMaps(
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationSerializer.serialize(
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutationSerializer.serialize(
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutation.getSerializedBuffer(
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.RowMutation.apply(
	at org.apache.cassandra.db.SystemTable.initMetadata(
	at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.initServer(
	at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.setup(
	at org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon.activate(
	at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon.main(

My data/commitlog are clean.

Notice id()I.

Where does that "I" come from.

Please advice.