From "Stu Hood" <stu.h...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra benchmarking on Rackspace Cloud
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:25:44 GMT
If you put 25 processes on each of the 2 machines, all you are testing is how fast 50 processes
can hit Cassandra... the point of using more machines is that you can use more processes.

Presumably, for a single machine, there is some limit (K) to the number of processes that
will give you additional gains: above that point, you should use more machines, each running
K processes.

-----Original Message-----
From: "David Schoonover" <david.schoonover@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 1:02pm
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra benchmarking on Rackspace Cloud

> Multiple client processes, or multiple client machines?

I ran it with both one and two client machines making requests, and ensured the sum of the
request threads across the clients was 50. That was on the cloud. I am re-running the multi-host
test against the 4-node cluster on dedicated hardware now to ensure that result was not an
artifact of the cloud.

David Schoonover