From Thorvaldsson Justus <>
Subject SV: key types and grouping related rows together
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 06:44:31 GMT
Dont forget you can make your own sorting algorithm.
Here is a nice tutorial for that.

Från: Schubert Zhang []
Skickat: den 15 juli 2010 04:20
Ämne: Re: key types and grouping related rows together

for your apps, how about this schema:

key: website1123
columnName: UserID
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Aaron Morton <<>>
The key structure you have should group the keys based on the website There are some differences
between range queries with RP and OPP this article may help

On 15 Jul, 2010,at 08:44 AM, S Ahmed <<>>
Where is the link that describes the various key types and their impact on sorting? (I believe
I read it before, can't seem to find it now).

So my application supports multi-tenants, so I need the keys to represent things like:

website1123 + contentID

website3454 + userID

And for range queries, these keys have to be grouped together obviously.

What key type would be best suited for this?

I might have to create a CF that maps the website and its key prefix?

View raw message