Thanks Vineet for replying, but I am not able to understand how can we use variable substitution in it.

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM, vd <vineetdaniel@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sagar

You can use variable substitution.
_______________________________________
Vineet Daniel
_______________________________________

Let your email find you....

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Sagar Agrawal <sna612@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,

I want to  fetch all those records from my column family such that the key starts with a specified string...

e.g.  Suppose I have a CF keyed on full names(first name + last name) of persons...
now I want to fetch all those records whose first name is 'John'

Right now, I am using OPP and KeyRange in the following way:

 KeyRange keyRange = new KeyRange();
            keyRange.setStart_key("John");
            keyRange.setEnd_key("Joho");

but this is sort of hard coding.... can anyone suggest a better way to achieve this?

I would be really grateful... thank you.