From: hive13 Wong [mailto:hive13@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:58 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: single node capacity

Hi,

How much data load can a single typical cassandra instance handle?
It seems like we are getting into trouble when one of our node's load grows to bigger than 200g. Both read latency and write latency are increasing, varying from 10 to several thousand milliseconds.
machine config is 16*cpu 32G RAM
Heap size is 10G
Any suggestion of tuning?
Or should I start considering adding more nodes when the data grows to this big?

Thanks