I think you can specify an end key, but it should be a key which does exist in your column family.

But maybe I'm off the track here and someone else here knows more about this key range stuff.

Martin

From: David Boxenhorn [mailto:david@lookin2.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:30 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Range search on keys not working?

In other words, I should check the values as I iterate, and stop iterating when I get out of range?

I'll try that!

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Dr. Martin Grabmüller <Martin.Grabmueller@eleven.de> wrote:
When not using OOP, you should not use something like 'CATEGORY/' as the end key.
Use the empty string as the end key and limit the number of returned keys, as you did with
the 'max' value.

If I understand correctly, the end key is used to generate an end token by hashing it, and
there is not the same correspondence between 'CATEGORY' and 'CATEGORY/' as for
hash('CATEGORY') and hash('CATEGORY/').

At least, this was the explanation I gave myself when I had the same problem.

The solution is to iterate through the keys by always using the last key returned as the
start key for the next call to get_range_slices, and the to drop the first element from
the result.

HTH,
  Martin