From Oleg Anastasjev <olega...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Map failed
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:29:42 GMT
> Daniel:
>
> Thanks. That thread helped me solve my problem.
>
> I was able to run a 700k MySQL record import without a single memory error.
>
> I changed the following sections in storage-conf.xml to fix the OutofMemory
errors:

>  <DiskAccessMode>standard</DiskAccessMode>
>  <CommitLogSync>batch</CommitLogSync>
>  <CommitLogSyncBatchWindowInMS>1</CommitLogSyncBatchWindowInMS>

Going to standard mode is not very good. It gives performance penalty to about
30% on uncached reads according to my own homegrown stress test.

Do you use 32-bit or 64-bit JVM ? In 32-bit JVM you have no choice but to use
standard mode. If you're using 64-bit JVM and getting this error it looks like
you have limited virtual memory space. If you're under linux you can fix it with
command
ulimit -v unlimited
in the same shell just before launching cassandra node.