From Nahor <nahor.j+gm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heterogeneous Cassandra Cluster
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 16:51:30 GMT
  On 2010-06-02 3:18, David Boxenhorn wrote:
> Is it possible to make a heterogeneous Cassandra cluster, with both
> Linux and Windows nodes? I tried doing it and got
>
> Error in ThreadPoolExecutor
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> Not sure if this is due to the Linux/Windows mix or something else.
>

> Details below:
[...]
>  INFO 21:42:08,091 Bootstrapping
>
> ERROR 21:49:03,526 Error in ThreadPoolExecutor
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>         at
> org.apache.cassandra.streaming.StreamInitiateVerbHandler.getNewNames(StreamInitiateVerbHandler.java:154)
>
>         at
> org.apache.cassandra.streaming.StreamInitiateVerbHandler.doVerb(StreamInitiateVerbHandler.java:76)
>
>         at
> org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:40)
>
>         at
>
>         at

> ERROR 21:49:03,527 Fatal exception in thread
> Thread[MESSAGE-DESERIALIZER-POOL:1,5,main]
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>         at
> org.apache.cassandra.streaming.StreamInitiateVerbHandler.getNewNames(StreamInitiateVerbHandler.java:154)
>
>         at
> org.apache.cassandra.streaming.StreamInitiateVerbHandler.doVerb(StreamInitiateVerbHandler.java:76)
>
>         at
> org.apache.cassandra.net.MessageDeliveryTask.run(MessageDeliveryTask.java:40)
>
>         at
>
>         at

Looks like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1136

Make sure you have enough nodes in your cluster to satisfy your
replication factor before you add any data. This is what seems to be
source of the problem in my case.

That said, I was also using an heterogeneous system (Linux + Windows)
but I think I tested it with only Linux nodes too.