From Stephan Pfammatter <Stephan.Pfammat...@logmein.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra Cluster Setup
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:23:53 GMT
I still have one open issue: My cluster has only 3 local nodes with 1 CF (5 rows).
The initial start works fine. I can see the replicated data and can do all admin tasks I want,
successfully.

Now I'm simulating a node failure by stopping Cassandra. I remove
(a) commit log
(b) content in system keyspace
(c) application cf

When I bring the node back up I can see the new token assignment, streaming notification (we
are talking about 5 rows in 1 cf). Thrift port is not available for ~30 min. Why is that?
I would expect it to be back in a matter of maybe <1' (this should be data quantity related).

Thanks, Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Dusbabek [mailto:gdusbabek@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 11:49 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra Cluster Setup

Great.  It looks as if the replication factor is still 1, not 3.  This
means that each key lives only on one node.  By increasing it to 3,
data will be replicated across all 3 nodes.

Gary.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 06:51, Stephan Pfammatter
<Stephan.Pfammatter@logmein.com> wrote:
> Tx Nahor/Gary/Ben. I blew everything away, adjusted the seed to Cassandra-ca and changed
the replication factor.
> Now I can see the sample keys being spread across the 3 nodes:
> Cassandra-ca holds rows (keys: 1,5,8)
> Cassandra-az holds rows (keys: 11,55)
> Cassandra-or hodls rows (keys: 88)
>
> I don't see the data being duplicated yet. Am I missing a storage-conf setting? I need
to proof that if Cassandra-az fails that I can still provide key 11,55.