From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Keyspace with single CF or Keyspace per CF
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 13:14:44 GMT
The only reason to put parts of the same app in different keyspaces is
if you want to adjust the replicationfactor or strategy (since those
are per-KS).

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Philip Stanhope <pstanhope@wimba.com> wrote:
> This is a data modeling question, not operational like my previous ones today.
>
> I have a data model where I'm going to have some 1:1 relationship between a CF1/Key1/Col
value and another CF2/Key where the value in CF1/Key1/Col is the CF2/Key.

> CF1 will grow to have 1B+ keys. CF1 will have 10...N columns (N <= 1000). Those columns
themselves will be keys in CF3.

> CF2 will grow to have 400M+ keys.
>
> CF3 will grow to have 100B+ keys ... based on key combination of CF1 and CF2 keys.
>
> What considerations are there to be made here regarding keeping CF1, CF2, and CF3 in
the same keyspace, or different keyspaces?

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra