From Chris Shorrock <ch...@shorrockin.com>
Subject Re: simple authentication in cascal
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:55:09 GMT
Steve,

Looking at the Cassandra docs it appears as though this shouldn't be
too hard to implement, as it should simply involve adding a login
method to the cascal session template. I'll make a ticket in github to
track this , I hope that I have a little more time in the next few
days to investigate further. Cheers.

Chris

On Wednesday, June 30, 2010, Steve Lihn <stevelihn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
> What I have in mind is to use SimpleAuthenticator in conjuction with the access.properties
and passwd.properties.
> This use case is actually somewhat personal. I have servers in the AWS cloud, during
development and testing, I may connect from home or wireless points on the road.
> I don't want to be bothered with opening up the firewall based on the IP I have at that
moment. So I am thinking to open up 9160 and use authentication to block unauthorized writes,
which may corrupt the database. But I couldn't find any info on how to use SimpleAuthenticator
in the scala client.

> Steve
>
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Chris Shorrock <chris@shorrockin.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Steve,
> What type of authentication are you looking to do? Cassandra itself doesn't, as far as
I know, support any sort of user setup or authentication so it's on the onus of the application
developer to lock things down appropriately.

> Chris
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Steve Lihn <stevelihn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Searching how to use simple authentication in cascal. Couldn't find anything in API docs.
Does anybody know how to do it?