From Benjamin Black...@b3k.us>
Subject Re: Data format stability
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 01:34:14 GMT
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Matthew Conway <matt@backupify.com> wrote:
> The ability to dynamically add new column families.  Our app is currently under heavy
development, and we will be adding new column families at least once a week after we have
shipped the initial production app. From the existing docs, it seemed to me that the procedure
for changing schema in 0.6 is very manual in nature and thus error prone and likely to cause
data corruption.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

I do schema manipulations in 0.6 regularly.  The answer is automation.
 As for data corruption: what did you read that gave you that
impression?

If this is the only motivator and you are really only changing things
once/week or so, I suggest sticking with 0.6 and figuring out some
automation.  You should be using it, anyway.