From Ben Standefer <...@simplegeo.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra in the cloud
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:29:34 GMT
We're using Cassandra on AWS at SimpleGeo.  We software RAID 0 stripe
the ephemeral drives to achieve better I/O and have machines in
multiple Availability Zones with a custom EndPointSnitch that
replicates the data between AZs for high availability (to be
open-sourced/contributed at some point).

Using XFS as described here
http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=1663
also makes it very easy to snapshot your cluster to S3.

We've had no real problems with EC2 and Cassandra, it's been great.

-Ben Standefer