From Todd Nine <>
Subject Re: hector or pelops
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 04:14:16 GMT
I like both.  Personally, I have switched from Hector to Pelops.  Let me be
clear, this is not because Hector is not a good client.  Ran has done an
excellent job with Hector, and it was what I initially used for my plugin.
 I preferred Pelops for my Datanucleus plugin since it requires slightly
less code to the caller, and abstracts away a lot of the connect and thrift
API's from the client.  For my purposes it was easier to get a writer from
Pelops and pass it around and let it take care of compiling all the batch
mutations and deletes internally.  When an object graph is committed via
Datanucleaus, I have to batch all writes in a single mutation.  I found it
easier to do these operations with Pelops.  Both are great clients, I'd just
suggest giving them both a shot.

View raw message