From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timeout when cluster node fails/restarts
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:58:02 GMT
getting a TimedOutException for a few requests when a machine fails
before Cassandra's Failure Detector notices is normal.

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Wouter de Bie
<wouter.de.bie@deltaprojects.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've currently setup a cluster of 11 nodes. When running a small application that uses
Hector to read and write keys, and restarting one of the nodes (not the one the application
is connected to), the application stalls, times out and reconnects. This takes roughly 10
seconds. When the node is marked as dead, the application seems to continue again. The application
itself is only connecting to localhost on one of the nodes.
> Maybe interesting to mention is the fact that all nodes in the cluster are configured
as seeds and have all other nodes configured as seeds as well. I'm not sure if this is causing
the problem and if it's even related.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra