From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeds and AutoBoostrap
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:20:48 GMT
If you need to add a new seed node, you should autobootstrap it first,
then afterwards change it to a seed.  The only point of being a seed
is for *other* nodes after all.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Per Olesen <pol@trifork.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question on seed nodes and auto bootstrap.
>
> Am I correct in that a seed node won't be able to AutoBootstrap? And if so, will a seed
node newly added to an existing cluster then not take long time before it actually starts
getting any work to it? I mean, if it doesn't start with moving some data to itself, it will
have to wait until new data comes in and is determined to live on that new node.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra