From Marty Greenia <martygree...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra and Thrift on the Server Side
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:20:36 GMT
I agree, it would probably make more sense to just use a conventional http
server to interface with the browser clients on the front-end to act as a
pass-through to cassandra on the back-end. No sense re-implementing all that
functionality.

Still, to Clint's point, everyone knows how to make an HTTP request. If you
want a cassandra client running on, let's say, an iPhone for some reason, a
REST API is going to be a lot more straight forward to implement.