From Gary Dusbabek <gdusba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeyRange deletion
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:02:49 GMT
See CASSANDRA-293 and CASSANDRA-494.

Key-range updates touch multiple rows and cannot be performed
atomically, so the consistency promise you get would be the same as
with batch_mutate.  Another other problem is that the update needs to
be sent to *any* node that is responsible for part of the range.  That
isn't so bad though.  The real problem is dealing with failure.  The
current implementation of hinted-handoff is key based.  I've looked at
extending it for ranges and there isn't a good way of doing it without
rewriting all of hinted-handoff.

If you're mainly interested in avoid round-trips, have you tried using
batch_mutate?  I know there was a limitation when specifying a
Deletion, but I think that has been resolved.

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 17:39, Carlos Sanchez
<carlos.sanchez@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> Would there be any support for a KeyRange (start/end key) deletion in 0.7?
>
> Carlos
>
> This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients
and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original
message.