From Patricio Echag├╝e <patric...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any way to detect when a node is down so I can failover more effectively?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 21:02:56 GMT
Hi all, I'm using Hector framework to interact with Cassandra and at trying
to handle failover more effectively I found it a bit complicated to fetch
all cassandra nodes that are up and running.

My goal is to keep an up-to-date list of active/up Cassandra servers to
provide HEctor every time I need to execute against the db.

I've seen this Thrift  method: get_string_property("token map") but it
returns the nodes in the ring no matter is the node is down.

Any advice?

--
Patricio.-