From Denis Haskin <de...@haskinferguson.net>
Subject wr0ngway rubber support for cassandra
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:02:36 GMT
(cross-posted from http://groups.google.com/group/rubber-ec2, apologies)
Cassandra support got added recently to
http://github.com/wr0ngway/rubber (yay!).  Is anyone else using it?

I updated the install script to use the published apache repo and will
plan on getting this up to github with a pull request,  Now that
Cassandra is in a repository, the install can probably be simplified
somewhat (at the moment all I did was grab the instructions from
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DebianPackaging and swap them in for
the old instructions in the rubber:cassandra:install task).

My question is whether anyone has multi-node cassandra install
working.  It looks like there's code in there for it, but I'm not
getting a correct configuration on my cassandra nodes.  Also unclear
whether I need to follow some process of starting up a seed node
first, and then add others, or will the rubber cassandra scripts
handle that?

Thanks,

dwh