From Mubarak Seyed <se...@apple.com>
Subject Client connection and data distribution across nodes
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 05:52:27 GMT
Hi All,

Regarding client thrift connection, i have 4 nodes which formed a ring, but client only knows
the IP address of an one node (and thrift RPC port number),
how does client can connect to any one other node without getting ring information? Can we
keep the load balancer and bind all the four nodes or
client needs to know the IP address of all the 4 nodes?

Regarding storage management, for instance, if we want to store 100k records, but each 25k
records on each node, something like

node 1 -> 25K
node 2 -> 25K
node 3 -> 25K
node 4 -> 25K

Can we accomplish using OrderPreservingPartitioner (OPP)? How does replication happen between
nodes if we keep only 25k records in one node?

Can someone please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Mubarak