From Christian van der Leeden <christian.vanderlee...@googlemail.com>
Subject Avro API on cassandra trunk with ruby
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:10:33 GMT
Hi,

	just trying to talk to cassandra-trunk (0.7) via avro on ruby.
Started the server with ./bin/cassandra -a -f. The connection
code is here: http://pastie.org/1023158

The problem is that the server says:
DEBUG 12:54:44,205 EXCEPTION
HttpException(400,null,null)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:361)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

The client doesn't return but continues to read from the server. Do I have to authenticate
first? How do I see that the avro connector started?

My cassandra.yml file contains the standard settings (rpc port etc.)

Christian