From li wei <liwei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Quick help on Cassandra please: cluster access and performance
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:58:01 GMT
Hi, Experts,

I am using 2 nodes of  Cassandra cluster. I am doing a loading test (one conenct, try to
insert and select many postes into a discussion tree).

I need your help:
1) I found this: the 2 node is slower (30%) than one node in both of write and select. Is
this normal? (In theory, 2 nodes should be faster than one?). I monitroing the 2 nodes and
found tehy are working and flush often (so, 2 nodes works)

Is this depending on the threads? Cassandra cluster is only faster for multi-threads as loading
balance? (Oracle RAC is slower than single node...)
Is there any configration I need to do for the performance?

2)I am using Java. When I connect to  nodes of  Cassandra cluster, I am using one node's IP
address as connection. Is this OK? Should I use the cluster name (Like Oracle RAC)?

Thanks a lot for your help

Wei