From David King <dk...@ketralnis.com>
Subject Effective cache size
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 05:39:13 GMT
If I go to fetch some row given the rack-unaware placement strategy, the default snitch and
CL==ONE, the node that is asked is the first node in the ring with the datum that is currently
up, then a checksum is sent to the replicas to trigger read repair as appropriate. So with
the row cache, that first node (the primary replica) is the one that has that row cached,
yes?

So if i have six nodes, CL==ONE, RF==3, row cache of 3 million on each node. Do I have an
effective 6 million row cache (3m*6/3)? Or 18m? And is that changed by doing CL==QUORUM reads?