From "Anthony Ikeda" <Anthony.Ik...@cardlink.com.au>
Subject Some questions about using Cassandra
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:49:02 GMT
We are currently looking at a distributed database option and so far
Cassandra ticks all the boxes. However, I still have some questions.

Is there any need for archiving of Cassandra and what backup options are
available? As it is a no-data-loss system I'm guessing archiving is not
exactly relevant.

Is there any concept of Listeners such that when data is added to
Cassandra we can fire off another process to do something with that
data? E.g. create a copy in a secondary database for Business
Intelligence reports? Send the data to an LDAP server?

Anthony Ikeda

Java Analyst/Programmer

Cardlink Services Limited

Level 4, 3 Rider Boulevard

Rhodes NSW 2138

Web: www.cardlink.com.au | Tel: + 61 2 9646 9221 | Fax: + 61 2 9646 9283

This e-mail message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s)
named above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, any display, dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited.
  If you believe you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail message or by telephone to (02) 9646 9222. Please delete
the email and any attachments and do not retain the email or any attachments in any form.