From H├ęctor Izquierdo <izquie...@strands.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra on flash storage
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 08:53:24 GMT
On 08/06/10 03:17, Shuai Yuan wrote:
> Would you please tell the performance you measured? Although I don't
> have any experience relating to flash-drive, I'm very interested in
> switching to SSD.

I don't have any benchmark around, but I can tell that those io-drives
are incredibly fast, not to mention the access time, which is amazing.
There are some tests in the mysqlperformance, for example:

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/05/01/raid-vs-ssd-vs-fusionio/

Our system is memory constrained (just 16GB per machine), so I though
that the io-drives would help a lot. The random io is basically free.

Regards