On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Mark Jones <MJones@imagehawk.com> wrote:

Have you actually managed to get 10K reads/second, or are you just estimating that you can?† Iíve run into similar issues, but I never got reads to scale when searching for unique keys even using 40 threads, I did discover that using 80+ threads, I can actually reduce performance.† Iíve never gotten more than 200-300 reads/second (steady state) off a 4 cluster node.† I can get roughly 8K writes/second to the same cluster (although I havenít tested both simultaneously with results worth talking about).

200-300/s is pretty low, especially if you can get 8k writes/s. †I would estimate that you should be getting at least a couple thousand reads/s. †Here is what I've gotten from a quad core machine with two disks:

http://racklabs.com/~bwilliam/cassandra/04vs05vs06.png

How much data are you testing with?

-Brandon†