Apologies, Hadoop recently deprecated a whole bunch of classes and I misunderstood how the new ones work.

What I'll be doing is creating an InputFormat class that uses ColumnFamilyInputFormat to get splits from the existing Cassandra data, and merges them with splits from a SequenceFileInputFormat.

Is this a reasonable approach, or is there a better, more standard way to update Cassandra data with new Hadoop data?  It may just boil down to a design decision, but it would seem to me that this would be a problem that would've been encountered many times before...

Thanks
Mark